Bookmark and Share

Friday, September 08, 2006

Other bloggers on cancer topics

There are many blogs on cancer 'out there'. In addition to the NPR blog "My Cancer" by LeRoy Sievers (linked on the right side of my blog), I have read personal blogs and informational ones. Two examples of personal stories: An Unwanted Journey: Don Spencer's Battle with Cancer: An Unwanted Journey: Day 0205 - Gratitude Project, Truesurvivor. Examples of informational blogs: Colorectal Cancer Coalition , and Vermont Cancer Survivor Network.
Check with your local public or medical library for help in locating reputable support groups and sources of additional information. Just because someone puts up a site that discusses cancer and treatment or care issues does not mean that they are ethical or honest in their presentation of information.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Teri,
I just caught up on all your postings. You've been in my thoughts a lot. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I know it will provide comfort and information for your fellow travellers.

One of the things I've been thinking about is how happy I am for you that you have all these fabulous friends and such a loving husband and kids. I know he would say he has no choice but to care for you. And, I know you would return his care ten-fold if he ever needs it (God forbid!). I've watched my parents support each other the same way through heart surgery, breast cancer, and, now, sigh, prostate cancer -- 54 years of friendship and love.

Anyway, it all reminds me of one of my favorite songs - The Indigo Girls "Power of Two" from SwampOphelia. Frank rolls his eyes because I cry every time I hear it.

Here's the chorus:
"so we're okay we're fine
baby i'm here to stop your crying
chase all the ghosts from your head i'm stronger than the monster beneath your bed
smarter than the tricks played on your heart
we'll look at them together then we'll take them apart
adding up the total of a love that's true
multiply life by the power of two"

So with all of us that care for each other and for you...you could say we're multiplying life by the power of infinity!

You're in the home stretch. Keep on keeping on!
Hugs, Lisa T.

Teresa Hartman said...

Thank you, Lisa!!! I just put the song on my iPod - Rick will no doubt roll his eyes too. I was able to take care of him, total patient care style, after MLA when he had his foot operated on. He commented when he was helping me after my operation that he didn't know paybacks would happen so quickly! (grin!) I am so very lucky all the way around - my family, my friends, and the entire library community. Pretty amazing and humbling, I can tell you! Thanks for the title of the next post, too.

 
Who links to my website?