Bookmark and Share

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Happy Winter

Today is the first day of winter, and the 20th birthday of number one son. I have been thinking about all the things I am currently grateful for:
-my family, close and extended. I love to hear how everyone is doing, and visiting with them using or without the use of technology.
-my friends, without whom I would have been lost oh so long ago
-my home, warm and snug on this cold day.
-my colleagues and my career. Man, what WOULD I have been if not a librarian? The mind boggles...
-the health care professionals I work with and who have worked on me. I prize modern medicine. I have never been one to wish to live in the days of covered wagon. Based on my medical procedures over my lifetime, I wouldn't have survived to my current age if I had lived back then!
-the city, state, and country I live in. I have lived lots of places on both sides of the Atlantic, but this one seems to be the best fit for us. I look forward to working with the community to solve our problems and celebrate our successes together.
-finally, the present I received yesterday - a leather-bound 20 year Advanced Planner. Yep, I plan on wearing out every one of its pages!

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?