Bookmark and Share

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Congratulations, Gabriele Anderson!

I know that none of us (that have received the awful news that we have adenoid cystic carcinoma) expect or strive to become poster children for life after cancer, but this photo of Gabriele Anderson should be on every cancer center treatment room wall to give hope to others that are facing the unknown after any cancer diagnosis: http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/96349099.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUncacyi8cyaiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU . Ms. Anderson, congratulations on your dedication. The quote from the Gophers coach says it all:
=========
"People have said to me, 'She's running so well. Why?''' said Gophers coach Gary Wilson, who has guided Anderson for six seasons on the track and cross-country teams. "If you have cancer, you know why. Everything has been put into perspective.

"She willed herself to do this. And the way she fought, and what she's done, that's going to be a story around here forever.''
=========
Congratulations on ending your academic career on such a high note, Ms. Anderson. And I personally thank you for giving me hope, that I can also achieve great things despite having the cancer diagnosis in my past. I have a feeling that we will be hearing about Ms. Anderson more in the years to come.
(Note to the ACCRF - here is a future speaker for you to consider!)

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?