|Cheekymobile on New Year's Eve 2013|
Sunday, January 12, 2014
So 2014 has been around a couple of weeks, and seems to be behaving itself for the most part, at least for me and mine. To review:
1) Moment of irony - my baby brother (ok, only a year and half younger than I) had to get his first of two cataract surgeries this week, yet I am the one they watch for cataracts due to the radiation I received in 2006! Once again, this illustrates that all that is watched for in cancer patients is not necessarily what is found. Little brother is doing fine, mostly thanks to his wonderful wife and excellent eye surgeon (plus, he is made of the same sturdy stuff that I am, after all!)
2) Spring travel plans are being made to celebrate 30 years of being married to a wonderful guy. All we know at this time: it will involve the ocean in some form. Past that, we are still figuring it out.
3) I didn't make any resolutions, so I don't have any report on keeping or breaking same.
4) Still using Mention.net to monitor news information about Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma. I will post recent news next.
5) Family, friends, and fellow ACC wearers seem to be doing pretty well at the moment. It is really great to just catch up and talk, leaving the big C off in the corner where it deserves to be.