Bookmark and Share

Saturday, November 07, 2020

Things are going pretty well

The weather is fantastic - in the 70's today, windows are open and the roast that I am cooking for tomorrow's dinner is making the house smell like a home. These days, eight months into the COVID-19 pandemic, there are no small positive moments. There could be major negative positives - various family members (including myself) have been tested for the virus, so far none are positive. Grandson is growing - we witness his progress nearly every day, thanks to FaceTime and AT&T. Still no hugs in person due to where we work at the hospital. Neither myself nor my wonderful husband could live with ourselves if we caused that little guy or his parents any illness. 

The rate of infection and healthcare utilization are ramping up significantly in our community. I wish I could offer some respite to the great healthcare professionals who care every day for the new and existing COVID-19 patients. All I can do is stay home, mask up if I go out, and keep my visits outside of my house to a minimum. I fear that the celebration around Biden being named the next president will be super spreader events - people just don't learn. 

NASA must know that I want to travel - they offered me a boarding pass :-). Reminds me of my Pluto trip: https://cheekylibrarian.blogspot.com/2015/03/do-you-remember-that-pluto-time-capsule.html.  It would be so cool to fly around the Earth in the space station! Maybe my grandson's generation will have regular space visits as an option. 

Be safe out there, and stay well. We need you.

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?