Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Treatments DONE!

If you are wearing a glow in the dark bracelet for solidarity, you can now take it off. I have received the prescribed 6600 cGY of radiation, and have been set free of the mask. I am still taking suggestions on what to do with this thing now that they have give it to me. Please post your suggestions and comments, and I will let you know which one(s) I decide to use to get rid of this thing!
The second degree burns are a little worse again today, so the nurse wants me to come in on Friday to see if they need dressed. They should start healing up after a week - until then, I may be saying some bad words whenever I have to do anything around my face.
Having passed another milestone on this cancer trek really does make me feel better, though. And I don't know if I will ever be able to voice the huge gratitude I have for the care and support of my family, my friends, and my colleagues around the world! I will continue to try, though - figure I have a lifetime left that I can say "thank you" in!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations on making it over this hurdle. Keep on keepin' on, as you say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:28 PM

    Teri,
    Hope you will soon be glowing with good health instead of radiation.
    Nana Real
    Dundy County Library

    ReplyDelete