I guess I didn't get the email/postcard/Facebook poke about yesterday's events. If you went to something, let me know how it was. Here is a search in Google News on stories written about the day's events all over:
http://news.google.com/news/search?aq=f&pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q=cancer+survivors+day&btnmeta_news_search=Search+News
Since I am not feeling all that inspirational for others, I might have blocked out news alerts about the day, but not sure. I don't think I received anything in any of my network contacts saying that the day was taking place, which either means the ones organizing the 'national' part of the day took a wrong step, or nothing much took place here in Omaha.
No matter. If you have had a health professional look at you and say in so many words, "you have cancer", and you are reading this post, I send you a virtual high-five slap from one survivor to another.
Hi Cheeky,
ReplyDeleteI didn't get my invite either. On the 14th I'll be marking my 10 year mark. Please don't be offended if you don't get a piece of cake...I'm not making one.
I do plan on getting up that morning and smiling in the face of the sun: Knowing I have passed through the pre-existing clause of my health insurance.
S