Bookmark and Share

Thursday, March 01, 2007

I am going to Pluto!!!

That is not a euphemism for something else - I (ok, my image) am going to Pluto, due to land about 2015. I had submitted a photo of my last radiation treatment to The Planetary Society's call for New Horizons Time Capsule materials. Check me out under the People section on this page: http://planetary.org/explore/topics/time_capsule/selections.html . The photos will be up until March 31, 2007. I am going to Pluto!!
CORRECTION: I am NOT going to Pluto, nor will my picture go there. My picture will stay here on Earth in the time capsule, and when the craft reaches Pluto in 2015, it will send a signal that will open the time capsule at that time, and you will have another chance to see the photo. Pluto is involved, but my picture won't be going there. My wish is that I am here to see the photo again with you!

3 comments:

Lynne said...

What fun, Teri! Your wish for the future is one all of us with cancer can get behind. I hope I'm around to see them "open the capsule" myself!

Lynne

Anonymous said...

And you are having a special day tomorrow - your birthday! Enjoy every minute of the day and I am looking forward to hearing some bike stories. Warm wishes for a Happy Birthday!
Marie

Anonymous said...

Congrats on having your picture accepted. What a great thing to have happen to you. Also, happy belated birthday.
Love,
Nancy

 
Who links to my website?