Bookmark and Share

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Roadtrip to celebrate: No Evidence of Disease

I visited with my radiation oncologist (who now only sees me every 6 months), and he said that I appear to be clear of ACC and any other critters at this time. (He also said that no one has a clue yet as to what was in my skull back in November. Go figure.) My next MRI is towards the last of May, when my head/neck surgeon should give me a report on that scan's findings. In the meantime, to celebrate this declaration of NED, I am heading to the beach with my mom for a few days. (Why save an experience like that for when cancer comes back, anyway??) We will be in the Scion, facing the open road and looking forward to curling our frozen northern toes into some warm sand. I will have sufficient head protection, but hope I don't have to wear the full mask as I would have last summer. We shall see. I may use the chance to do a mobile post to this blog, so stay tuned!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news! Glad to hear you are headed to the ocean. That is the one place I feel truly at peace. The ocean is SO immense that it makes everything in your life seem really insignificant by comparison. I try to go there at least once a year and just sit and watch and listen to the waves roll in and count my blessings. Have a great trip with your mom.

Love,
Nancy

Jeanne said...

Teri--I'm also an ocean lover, having grown up just a few miles from the Pacific.

Have a great time with your mom, and I want to know--is that really your license plate? Good job if it is. It looks great.

Do you have cards for your blog yet? (A slight tangent here) I got cards made, and I give them out to everyone, pretty much.

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news Teri

Barbara from CT

Mike O'Connell said...

Great News. Keep up the positive attitude. ACC patients must realize that they are in this for the long fight. ACC most likely is not gone but undetectable. Get your scans and MRI's moved up to every 3-4 months. Early detection and non-invasive radiation on a minimal basis (zap the little tumors early) are the KEY! Thanks for all of the great support/blogs regarding my wife Andi O'Connell's - Live Like Andi Foundation for ACC. Mike O'Connell mikeoc@michmechinsulation.com

 
Who links to my website?