Bookmark and Share

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Holidays all over the place around here

Since my kids are now grown up, I searched for a way to celebrate the holidays with them and their dates, while still making it festive. Here in Omaha, we are very lucky to have the Omaha Community Playhouse's tradition of The Christmas Carol. I first saw this production 3 years ago after the skull operation - kind of appropriate, and I felt an affinity for Scrooge that I had never felt before after facing my own ghosts and coming out on the other side. Number one daughter was in Austria at the time, and dear husband was working the night shift, so it was me, my mom, and number one son that went to see it together. This year, it was me and dear husband, number one son and his date, and number one daughter and her date - the first time that our entire family attended. Pretty cool group we were, too! Afterwards, the old folks went home, and the young folks went out on the town for a bit. All in all, it was a good experience, and one that I hope to replicate in the years ahead. It would make my year to be able to email them to meet me at the airport, fly to New York, and see a show there together. I will have to work on that...
No matter what your plans are these days, I hope you find a lot of love.

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?