Bookmark and Share

Monday, February 13, 2012

Fellow ACC-wearer shares his story

Adam Spady, the only other Nebraskan I know that has ACC (another one was in our group, but she has moved east), gave me permission to post his comments here that he put on one of my earlier posts. I really appreciate fellow ACC-wearers sharing their stories - since ours is such an individual and rare cancer, we can't really use others' paths to predict where our own will go, but somehow knowing what others have done or are doing gives comfort. Plus, we might find alternative care paths or coping methods that might fit our own needs. As a medical librarian, I have to repeat: I urge anyone reading anything on this blog that I or others have shared to first discuss with their health care provider before stopping or starting any treatment. Now, the next words you read will be from Adam (I will add his contact information here if he gives me permission - otherwise, just post a comment and he will see it) -thank you for sharing, Adam!:


Hi Teri, this is Adam Spady. Thank you for the nice post on my caringbridge site the other day, I appreciate it:) I believe you had posted on my site last yr, but I think I was down in Mexico at the time doing treatments and I forgot to reply to your post when I got home. Anyhow, I didn't read your whole blog but I was just curious what type of radiation you had? And I think I saw you had surgery initially? Any chemo? I was just curious b/c I'm doing alt treatments now through a hospital in Tijuana, Mexico called Oasis of Hope after going through the whole cut/burn/poison i.e. surgery/radiation/chemo here in the US.
Initially, I had fast-neutron radiation (the most nasty type there is I believe) back in 1996. Then I was in remission for almost 9 yrs and thought I was home-free until it came back w/a vengeance (as they say it often does) in '05. At that time I had surgery in Dec, followed by 3 months of chemo/radiation (3 types of chemo & standard radiation not the "neutron bomb" again) in early '06. Then it spread to my lungs (probably caused by either the surgery and/or chemo) and I had the right middle lobe removed in '07. 2008 marked the beginning of reconstructive surgeries to repair the damage caused by all the horrible treatments, which consisted of about 6 months of multiple surgeries (w/breaks in between to let me heal). Then in '09 I found out the cancer was in my liver (again probably spread by either surgery and/or chemo).
A couple yrs prior to that I had decided that never again could I or would I put my self through those horrific treatments. Then fortunately I came across Oasis of Hope through personal research online (www.oasisofhope.com) and ordered their free book. After reading it, I decided that would be the place I'd go if my cancer ever came back...and that's just what I did shortly after I found out it had spread to my liver, beginning treatments there in the fall of '09. The nice thing about these alt treatments is there are NO side effects (at least I've never had any)and you can do them in the comfort of your own home (for the most part), as it basically amounts to taking a bunch of pills (vit/min/nutrients) everyday and going back only a couple times a yr for maintenance boosters (the things you can't do at home, like massive IV doses of Vit B-17, Vit C, Vit K, Ozone Therapy, etc). My cancer is stable for the most part, it's still there but not at all very active and I've been living w/it as such for the past 2+ yrs. Oasis views cancer as a chronic disease and they try managing it w/all the vit/min supp (allowing your body do what it was designed to do, naturally heal itself) instead of blasting it out of you like they do here in the US, w/no regard for the permanent damage caused to your body by the treatments. The first 2 guiding principle at Oasis are "love the patient as yourself" & "do no harm to the patient". Now I really hope & pray your cancer never comes back, but unfortunately the odds are not exactly in our favor (as I've come to find out) esp in this toxic world that we live in. So if you would ever like to know more about the treatments at Oasis, I'd be more than happy to answer any ?'s you might have about them:)
Oasis truly is LIGHT YEARS ahead of the way they treat cancer in this country, but sadly money, politics, corruption, greed, deception, etc dictate the types of treatments that are made available to us here in the US (see the books "Cancer - Step Outside the Box" & "World Without Cancer - The Story of Vitamin B-17"). After learning of this, it used to make me so angry and while it still isn't right, I'm at peace now knowing that God will "...bring to ruin those ruining the earth" as it states in Rev 11:18. The people responsible for these corrupt & dishonest practices may not be polluting or physically harming the earth itself, but they are harming the people which I'd like to think are the most important part of the earth in God's eyes...

Take Care
Adam Spady

P.S. Teri is my Mom's name:)

1 comment:

Jeanne Sather said...

Teri--It's not that I WANT more folks in Nebraska to be diagnosed with ACC, but it blows me away that there are only two of you.

Granted, there could be a few more who haven't "come out," but probably not.

 
Who links to my website?