Bookmark and Share

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Still repairing the home place

Apologize for the long stretches without a post, but number one son works nights every other week, and is now staying days in the computer room, so I don't have the access to this machine that I used to enjoy. Here's a tip for anyone that would like to meet friends, neighbors, and complete strangers - set up a dumpster in your driveway, and fill it with an assortment of damaged drywall, bathroom fixtures, and various items from around the home. Then just wait - soon, the world will be knocking at your door, asking for permission to pick through the pile for treasures. Or, they won't knock, and just empty their trunk into your receptacle. Either way, you will broaden your network of contacts faster than 'friending' on Facebook...
This is our 25th year of marriage. Instead of Cancun or a trans-Atlantic cruise, we are repairing the house. Believe me, it will be a better time and less stress than a big vacation, and we will be able to enjoy our home even more!

3 comments:

Kate Burton said...

We're about to enter the world you're in and I'm not looking forward to it. Your attitude about being glad to be around for it has helped my perspective. Thanks.

Jeanne said...

Cheeky--love the story about the dumpster.

For those who don't want to remodel just to meet the neighbors: I meet my neighbors by working in the front garden with my dog by my side--He is the friendliest dog in town, and greets everyone, even teens with attitude. (They melt.)

Hope you get the cruise or trip to Cancun in addition to the remodel. You deserve it!

Dee said...

Hi Teri,
Remember to post pictures, okay? Would love to see what you've done!

 
Who links to my website?