Bookmark and Share

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sharing a cancer story

I saw this personal cancer story on Boingboing.net:
A Season in Hell
http://boingboing.net/2012/04/12/hell.html

Even though my last cancer-related surgery was nearly 5 years ago, this story is still hard to read. I figure it is because he writes how I felt when going through it (and what I fear when considering future battles with a knife against the relentless cell invasion.)

The author says this in the comments, in case you know of any opportunities for him to visit and lecture:
"I'm working up a lecture version of this essay; any medical educators, narrative-medicine faculty, or doctors in teaching hospitals interested in hosting such a lecture should feel free to contact me via markdery AT markdery DOT com."

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?