Bookmark and Share

Monday, April 25, 2011

Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma in the news

Just located this news item from last October - and if my swiss cheese brain already posted it here, well fine. A strong lady like Donna Woolum is worth the extra coverage, in my opinion.
From Pal-item:

Sister supportive of Centerville woman who's battled cancer since 1996
http://www.pal-item.com/article/20101006/NEWS01/10060315/0/LOCAL/2-times-the-fighting-spirit

Ms. Woolum is a lady who has set a model for approaching ACC that I hope to follow. She was diagnosed with ACC back in 1996, and has had more than a dozen surgeries to get ahead of the relentless spread of the disease. In 2005, she was diagnosed and treated for breast cancer, in addition to the ACC. In the article, her older sister gives advice on the best way for caregivers to support cancer patients: "Just be there for them. Just be there if they need anything."

I am glad I have learned about Ms. Woolum's story, and so very glad that she and her sister have each other, and that they were brave enough to share their path with others.

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?