Bookmark and Share

Sunday, February 10, 2008

A picture of the titanium plate that is now in my head


Don't worry - it isn't the exact piece of mesh in my head! If you are as curious as I am, you want to see what the mesh looks like. This is a sample of titanium plate that the Head & Neck Resident Coordinator requested for me from one of the mesh salesmen (you knew they had those, didn't you!). I scanned it next to a half-dollar, as the surgeon had told my family that that was about the size of the hole in my head, and also included one of the tiny screws that hold the thing on to the skull. Pretty amazing engineering, in my opinion. You can click on the picture to see a larger image.
I am working out just exactly what I am going to do with this plate - coming up with some sort of good luck charm or jewelry tickles my fancy. The plate itself is very flexible, so I would have to put it in some sort of frame to strengthen it.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Teri--this is pretty cool. I can understand why you would want to know exactly what you were carrying around in your head.

I'll be interested to see what you make out of it.

Jeanne

 
Who links to my website?