Bookmark and Share

Saturday, June 09, 2012

Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma in the news

Sad news received today. Sandra Baer, long-time ACC fighter, passed away on Wednesday. Her obituary: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bostonglobe/obituary.aspx?n=sandra-a-baer&pid=157956235&fhid=8784

She worked as the Director of Disability Services at Tufts University. Here is a link to their note outlining her great accomplishments in her position, and about her leaving her position to care for her health.

Her interview in this 2010 student newspaper story shows her high level of care about what students face: http://www.tuftsdaily.com/life-on-the-hill-comes-with-extra-challenges-for-students-with-physical-disabilities-1.2417799#.T9N77ZlYuZY

I never had the good fortune to meet Ms. Baer, but I know she touched many, many lives, and did not allow the diagnosis of ACC stop her from living. Because of that, I share her story as an inspiration to myself and others fighting ACC or supporting their loved ones who are fighting it. I send my sympathies to her family, and to the Tufts family for their loss. I only hope that I can reach and positively influence half as many lives as Ms. Baer did.

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?